Meal plan and Weekly food timetable on what meal to prepare for your family. For, singles this menu will be of value. It comprises of typical Kenyan meals diet for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner/Supper.
When i was a kid my mum used to ask us every day on what we wanted to eat. It is true that in most families kids too have a say on what meals are to be prepared. But sometimes you will have to take control to ensure that your family eats healthy.
For singles, making a decision on what to prepare for Breakfast, lunch, dinner/supper can be challenging as you have No one to help you when you run out of ideas on what to cook. This timetable will therefore come in handy.
PDF of Weekly Meal Timetable
For Kenya Shillings 117, you can download filled pdf of the weekly timetable from: Kenyan Meal Timetable PDF, print it and stick it in your kitchen wall.
Kenyan Weekly Food Menu Table: Food list for your home menu
What follows is a week’s meal timetable to help you make a quick decision on what to eat. Dinner can also be used to mean supper.
- Breakfast: Tea or coffee with toasted bread
- Lunch: White rice with lentils OR pasta with beef stew.
- Dinner: Ugali, Sukuma wiki and beef stew OR with fish.
- Breakfast: Tea or porridge or milk with sweet potatoes.
- Lunch: Githeri OR mukimo
- Dinner: Chapati with beef stew, potatoes and green peas.
- Breakfast: Tea or milk with whole bread or groundnuts.
- Lunch: Ugali, vegetables and eggs.
- Dinner: Rice with liver stew.
- Breakfast: Tea or coffee with mandazi or sausage.
- Lunch: Githeri mixed with potatoes with cabbage. OR pasta with lentils
- Dinner: ugali, vegetables with fried chicken. OR with fried matumbo and kachumbari
- Breakfast: Tea with yams (nduma) or cassava or with boiled maize
- Lunch: Matoke with matumbo or mashed potatoes with peas.
- Dinner: chapati with green gram.
- Breakfast: Tea and pancakes OR with sausages, scones.
- Lunch: White rice with beans OR spaghetti with meat stew.
- Dinner: Ugali, sukuma wiki and avocado
- Breakfast: Tea with bread and fried eggs. OR with samosas
- Lunch: Ugali, vegetables and fish/omena/chicken.
- Dinner: Pilau
Fruits: Fruits are to be taken in between meals if you can afford
Water: Take water at least not that 3 liters per day.
Ingredients: Some ingredients that you might be interested to accompany or add to your meals include: pepper, onion, ginger,garlic, chili, avocado,
Recipes: Recipe of all the above mentioned foods is available in the meal page
Breakfast: For Breakfast, you can use preferred beverage.
99% of my breakfasts consists of White Coffee and Brown Bread smeared with Prestige Margarine. Once in a while Mandazi. I try to operate within my minimal budget.
Learn how to prepare listed meals below throught this category: Kenyan Meals Recipes. You can also buy and sell homemade Kenyan Foods recipe at muthurwa.com.
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Kuku wa Kupaka
- Local Beef Stew
- Maharagwe va Nazi
- Mandazi Recipe
- Mbaazi za Nazi
- Omena Recipe
- Roasted Chicken with Garlic Butter and Vegetables
- Roasted Rack of Lamb
- Tomato Sauce
- Ugali na Sukuma Wiki
- Wali wa Kukaanga
Finally, planning on what your family should eat is a vital part of life. There are different ways to go about. Using our timetable is one of them. If you have some health complications or disease like Cancer or Diabetes, you need to consult your health practitioner on the recommended diet. We have some articles on foods
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join 235k+ subscribers that receive latest education news.
Looking for the best approved TVET College in Kenya offering business, journalism, engineering, ICT, Tourism, and much more courses? Then consider joining RVIBS.
Learn more about RVIBS→