Traditional Kenyan Recipe and procedure of how to cook or prepare Ugali meal: Ugali is one of the greatly embraced stable meals in most Kenyan homes and is popularly enjoyed with various accompaniments mostly at lunch time or supper. Here is a new way to make your ugali more delicious and irresistible.
Ingredients of Cooking Ugali
- 3 large cups of maize flour
- A spoonful of blueband/margarine
- 2 large cups of water
- Cooking stick
- Medium sized Sufuria
Procedure of How to cook ugali
- Pour the two cups of water into the sufuria,place on medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Add a spoonful of margarine and let it completely melt.
- Add the first cup of maize flour bit by bit as you stir and let the mixture to boil for two minutes.
- Add the remaining flour bit by bit as you thoroughly mix the mixture against until your desired texture is achieved under low heat.
- Let it cook for two more minute,turn off the heat and place it on your favourite serving plate.Your ugali is now ready to serve.
Note;Ugali can be served with vegetables,sauce,stew and even sour milk/mala.
Do not miss all our latest updates on cooking Ugali the Kenyan way
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.