Matoke Recipe and preparing: Matoke is a stable meal enjoyed among Kenyan people more so the Abagusii community. As much as this is a simple meal, many people don’t find their way around it.
- A bunch of matoke (peeled)cut into halves
- 2 large tomatoes grated
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 gloves of garlic grated
- A bunch of coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 large green Bella pepper cubed
- 2 Royco cubes
- Salt to taste
- A spoonful of cooking oil
- 2 cups of water
- Pour the chopped onions into a large sufuria or saucepan and add a spoonful of cooking oil.
- Place the Sufuria on medium heat and stir the mixture until the onions begin to turn golden brown
- Add the grated garlic and continue stirring for two more minutes.
- Add the chopped Bella pepper and mix well.
- You can now add the peeled matoke bit by bit as you stir. Continue stirring for two minutes.
- Add the grated tomatoes and stir for three minutes.
- Pour in the water until it slightly covers the matoke and stir.
- Add a pinch of salt and crushed Royco cubes and mix well.
- Cover the saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil then lower the heat even further.
- Let it cook for 30 minutes or until the matoke is tender. Add the chopped coriander leaves and cover for two minutes.
- Your matoke is now ready to serve.
Note: Matoke is better served hot and can be taken with wet fry beef and Kachumbari on the side. Fresh fruit juice will also come in handy.
Do not miss all our updates on traditional ways on how to prepare Matoke meal
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.
Make a decent living online by selling pdf Revision Papers, Class notes, Recipes, House Plans, templates, business plans, etc. at muthurwa.com and get paid via Mpesa.
Learn how it works →