Recipe and procedure of cooking Wet fry beef meal the Kenyan traditional way: There are so many methods of preparing Wet fry beef in Kenya. This here is one of the many methods worth a try;
Ingredients of preparing Wet fry beef meal
- 1kg beef(chopped into cubes)
- 1punch of fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- 3 finely chopped large tomatoes
- 2 royco beef cubes
- 1 fresh ginger (grated)
- 3 gloves of garlic(grated)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of beef masala.
- 2 teaspoons of cooking oil.
- 1 large green pepper (chopped)
Note;You can add or remove any ingredient according to your liking.
Method/procedure of preparing Wet fry beef meal
- Place the chopped beef cubes into a Sufuria(Saucepan) together with some salt and grated ginger.
- Add two cups of water into the mixture and place on fire to bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture has boiled for 5 minutes lower the heat and simmer for 40 more minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Drain off the remaining water from the meat and now add cooking oil and and chopped onions.
- Fry for two minutes or until the onions start turning brown and then add garlic and continue mixing.
- You can now add green pepper to the mixture and fry until golden brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and continue stirring until they get fully cooked and form a thick sauce.
- Sprinkle the beef masala, royco cubes and mix well.
- Remove from the heat and add coriander. Cover the Sufuria for best results.
- Your beef wet fry is now ready to serve with an accompaniment of your choice. Enjoy the meal!
Do not miss all our updates on preparing Wet fry beef Kenyan meal, goat, mbuzi wet fry recipe, and traditional Kenyan beef stew
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of 235k+ members that receive latest education news.
Hillary kimurgor says
Wow so nice to hear from you