Below is a step by step guide on how to apply for HELB online and how to appeal if your application is rejected for providing incorrect or incomplete information.
The procedure of online application includes the documents that one needs to have to help him or her when applying for HELB for the first time and online application guide. The maximum amount of HELB that each university student can get is ksh. 60,000 and the minimum HELB loan awarded to students is ksh. 35,000.
Helb Application Requirements
Although the procedure of HELB application is done online. One is required to download the HELB form after completing feel so that it can be signed and submitted to HELB offices (Located at Anniversary Towers Nairobi). Some of the documents that you should have when starting to apply for HELB include.
- National ID card
- Bank Account (I will encourage you to use equity bank)
- A KRA PIN (Go to any Cyber and they will help you to generate a KRA pin from the Kenya Revenue Authority or you can use this procedure to get a KRA pin “How to apply for a KRA pin“)
- Parents Details (Photocopy of Your Identification Card)
- KCSE AND KCPE RESULTS
- Email address
- Details of any three people who will be your guarantors that are already employed (You should have a copy of their ID)
How to apply for HELB guide
Follow the procedure below for first time applicants;
- Visit the official HELB portal
- Enter your ID and first name
- Click Validate
- Complete Registration for with your email and password and click register
- Start filling your form accurately. Don’t skip any step (You will be expected to fill personal details, education, university, parents, family expenses, guarantors, and Bank details). So make sure you have them.
- After you have completed filling your form accurately go to the homepage to confirm whether you have filled your form correctly
- After confirming that you have filled your form correctly go to home page and the click the icon indicated “Print form” to print your HELB Form. Print tow copies.
- After filling your form, ensure that all the parts required to be signed have been signed and stamped
- Attach the required documents and present the filled form to the nearest huduma center helb desk.
Continuing student update of HELB Profile
HELB has migrated to a new student portal. All continuing students are required to update their profile.
1) Go to the new student portal
2) enter your ID and first name
3) Click Validate
4) Complete Registration for with your email and password and click register (Use the email address you used in the old account to register for a profile in the new portal)
5. Update your profile
How to appeal helb loan rejection
Getting HELB loan is a guarantee to all students so long as you have filled your form accurately. HELB does not select on which students to award HELB and which one not to award. I was a beneficiary of HELB so I am writing from experience.
In-case your loan is rejected: Learn how to appeal helb loan
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.