2019 application for revision of courses for University and College placement is officially open according to education CS Amina Mohamed. Below is the application procedure and deadline.
Summary of Topics
- 1 When will 2019 KUCCPS Revision of Courses Begin
- 2 Criteria of KUCCPS Placement for Degree and Diploma Programme
- 3 Process of 2019 KUCCPS Placement
- 4 KUCCPS Selection of Students to Universities in 2019
- 5 2019 KUCCPS Inter University Transfer (inter-institutional change)
- 6 KUCCPS 2019 Revisions and Application Procedure
- 7 Institutions to visit for KUCCPS 2019 Revision and Help
- 8 KUCCPS 2019 Cutoff points or University Entry Grade
- 9 KUCCPS Contact Details
When will 2019 KUCCPS Revision of Courses Begin
According to CS Education Amina Mohamed, KUCCPS First Revision of Courses will begin on 6th January 2019 and end on Monday March 4, 2019 .
KCSE examination candidates who wish to revise their choices for degree, diploma and certificate courses for government sponsorship can proceed with the exercise through the kuccps portal provided below.
Sometimes the revision portal has loading problems so you can check the next day for revision. Be aware that the deadline for first revision of courses is Monday March 4, 2019.
Whether you selected your courses in secondary school or not you are supposed to do first revision of courses.
Criteria of KUCCPS Placement for Degree and Diploma Programme
KUCCPS processes candidates application for placement on merit. Some of the factors they consider include;
- Students Performance in the examination
- Available choices in the course selected
- Available spaces or capacity in the university or college
- Affirmative action for gender
- Persons with disabilities
- Candidates from marginalized regions
Process of 2019 KUCCPS Placement
After revision of courses the process will culminate into the final selection of students for admission to universities and Tvet institutions which will be concluded by April 2th 2019.
Students will then be sent admission letters from the universities where they have been successfully admitted.
Most Universities start admitting first year students from August on wards.
NOTE: Each University has its own admission date after you have been placed.
KUCCPS Selection of Students to Universities in 2019
Selection to universities will cater only for the KCSE Candidates while placement to TVET institutions will take care of other previous years, from the year 2000 onwards.
2019 KUCCPS Inter University Transfer (inter-institutional change)
To ensure candidates join courses and institutions of their choice a 1 month window will be opened in May 2019 for the selected students to apply for inter-institutional transfers using the KUCCPS portal.
KUCCPS 2019 Revisions and Application Procedure
You can apply for your courses by visiting: https://students.kuccps.net/
Further Revision procedure is provided in this page: How to Revise Courses
If you are not able to apply online, you can visit any of the 28 institutions listed below near your county from 11th to 17th February 2019 for revision and help.
Institutions to visit for KUCCPS 2019 Revision and Help
Below are institutions you should visit from 11th to 17th February 2019 to get help with revision of courses;
- Baringo County (Emining Technical Training Institute)
- Bomet County (Sotik Technical Training Institute)
- Bungoma County (Kibabii University College)
- Embu County (University of Embu)
- Garissa (North Eastern National Polytechnic)
- Homabay County(Tom Mboya University College)
- Isiolo County (Uhuru Vocational Training College)
- Kajiado County(Maasai technical training institute)
- kakamega County (Sigalagala National Polytechnic)
- Kilifi County (Pwani University)
- Kisii County (Kisii National Polytechnic)
- Kisumu County (Kisumu National Polytechnic)
- Nyandarua (Nyandarua Institute of Technology)
- Lamu County (Technical University of Mombasa (Lamu Campus)
- Machakos County (Machakos Institute for the blind)
- Makueni Counnty (Wote Technical Training Institute)
- Meru County (Meru National Polytechnic)
- Migori (Rongo University)
- Mombasa County (Kenya Coast National Polytechnic formally known as Mombasa Technical Training Institute (Mombasa TTI))
- Nakuru County (Egerton University, Town Campus)
- Narok County (Maasai Mara University)
- Samburu County (Laikipia University, Maralal campus)
- Siaya County (Siaya Institute of Technology)
- Taita Taveta County (Coast Institute of Technology)
- Trans Nzoia County (Kitale National Polytechnic)
- Turkana County (Turkana University College)
- Uasin Gishu County (Eldoret National Polytechnic)
- Nyeri County (Nyeri National Polytechnic)
- Nairobi County (KUCCPS office in ACK Gardens, 1st Ngong’ Avenue, Upperhill Nairobi)
NOTE: Even if you did not do your KCSE exams from any of the listed counties above you can visit one of the institutions for application and revision of courses. Visit any that is near your current place of residence.
KUCCPS 2019 Cutoff points or University Entry Grade
All KCSE 2018 candidates who got grade C+ and above qualify for admission to universities on government sponsorship.
Those who scored C and C- will be selected for Diploma courses and Ds for TVET courses.
- To Understand more about Cluster Point Calculation per course visit this page: 2019 Cutoff Points and Cluster Points
- To calculate Cluster point go to: Cluster Point calculator
KUCCPS Contact Details
Use the following contacts to reach KUCCPS in case you have a problem;
- Mobile Phone Number: 0723954927 or 0734879662
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Website: https://www.kuccps.net
PS. This article was brought to you by muthurwa.com, a platform where students or teachers can sell their class notes, photos, house plans, graphics e.t.c and make a living online while studying.
Do not miss all our latest updates on kuccps 2019 revision of courses and placement