Industrial attachment also known by others as internship normally lasts for three moths but the duration differ from institution to institution. Some companies pay for industrial attachment while others do not pay (in an article we had written earlier, we had provided a list of companies that pay for industrial attachment). To increase your chances of getting an industrial attachment you have to write an appealing attachment letter.
When writing an industrial attachment application letter or internship application letter be precise and ensure that there are no grammatical or spelling errors in your letter. Company directors have no time read very long letters. Also Ensure that you have attached your CV to accompany your industrial attachment application letter. Do not be worried about the content in your CV, the company directors understand that you are a student so they don’t expect much in your CV.
How to write application letter: Formal format
- At the top of the application letter should be your address then followed by the address of company or receiver. It is not advisable write your name at the top of a letter. (Check for sample application letter below)
- There after the salutation. Use Sir or Madam if you do not know the name of the person you are writing to.
- Reference (This is the title of the application letter) example Application for internship in the engineering department
- Opening paragraph: This paragraph should state the position you are applying to or for and how you knew of the position. It should also contain a basic introduction of who you are.
- Body paragraph: Explain why you are interested in the position you are applying for, demonstrate your understanding of the position, talk about your qualification and skills in brief as they will be contained in your CV.
- Conclusion Paragraph: State that you are ready to take the opportunity fairly. Thank the employer for her/his consideration in advance.
- Closing remarks or complimentary remarks: End you letter “Yours Sincerely” if you have begun it with a person’s title and family name. If you have begun “Dear Sir or Madam”, then end you letter “Yours faithfully”
(Your handwritten signature)
Your name typed
Below find a sample attachment letter.
P.O BOX 3556-3767,
December 3, 2013
Ziteck Broadcasting Corporation
P O Box5755-73623
REF: INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT
I am a 3rd year student pursuing mass media and communication at Dadan University and I wish to apply for an attachment. It is a requirement that I spend three months in an industry that is related to my field of study prior to the final year programme.
As indicated in my CV, I have been working as a writer in the campus press and also s a CNN Ireporter. On June 23rd 2013, I was selected to represent our country in a student journalism conference in Israel. Your company is very suitable to me in terms of my area of interest and your location.
I shall be most grateful if my application is considered favorably.
Important Expressions that you might include when writing your cover letter
- I am writing in response to your advertisement…for the position of…
- As attached in my resume/CV
- Kindly find attached my CV
- With reference to your advertisement in the
- I am available for interview whenever convenient for you
- I would be grateful if you…
- I am writing to…
Other sample letters that you will find in our website include industrial attachment request letter, department letter, deans letter of attachment, Recommendation letter, Apology letter, Job application letter, Appreciation letter, Thank you letter, Complaint letter, Congratulation letter, Cover letter, Inquiry letter, Interview thank you letter, Love letter, Break up letter, Marriage letter , Resignation letter, Retirement letter among many other types of letters. Contact email@example.com if you need us to email you any of this unique (not available online) sample letter at only $6. Payment is via paypal and delivery of the each unique letter is after 3 hours.
You can also find a sample industrial attachment report or internship report (here)
Do you need a customized cover letter to apply for attachment or job? Then Visit this page