Shopping Item list to pack: What follows is a comprehensive list of things to carry during your first admission day to University or college as a first year.
NOTE: No one is going to check whether you have carried the documents/things listed below apart from admission verification documents which you must carry for registration purposes.
University Checklist: What carry during your first year of admission to campus
Admission Verification Documents that you must Carry
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of educational certificates (KCPE and KCSE)
- Identity Card (ID)
- Bank Fee Payment Receipts
- Admission Letter
Bedroom things you should Carry (Very Important. They are not provided as part of campus accommodation)
- Blankets, Duvet and pillows (very important)
- High Density Mattress (Carry one if you are going to stay out of campus, otherwise don’t because they are provided by the university if you happen to get campus hostel accommodation)
- Clothe hangers
Clothings that you should carry
In University, you are allowed to wear any kind of clothe. So, it is your choice on what to carry but below is a suggestion;
- Casual clothes (t-shirts,Shirts, pullover, skirts, jumpers, trousers, Jacket e.t.c)
- Underwear (pants)
- Shoes (atleast three pairs)
Bathrooms items that you need to carry during your first year
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Bathing Soap
- Washing soap and powder
- Tissue Roll
- Sanitary Towels
- Washing Buckets
- Hair Comb
- Hand mirror
- Shower cap
Stationery tools that you should carry (these documents can be purchased in campus)
- Pens and pencils
- Exercise books for copying notes (five are enough for a start)
- Note Book
Electronic things that will be of help for your studies (not a must have)
- Laptop or desktop computer (for doing your assignment)
- Mobile phone and charger (very important for communication purposes)
- Headphones (for entertainment)
Kitchen items that you should carry
Whether your university allows cooking in hostels or not these kitchen items are essential.
- Cutlery (tea spoons, tablespoons, knives and forks )
- Crockery (plates, and cups)
List of other Items to pack
- Traveling Bag (will be used for carrying books when heading to class)
- Birth control pills
It is wise that you don’t buy all the above listed things so that you can report with a light load. Most of the above listed items are available in university shops/supermarkets. However, remind your parent/guardian to leave behind a budget of the same if you are not going to carry them.
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.
Make a decent living online by selling pdf Revision Papers, Class notes, Recipes, House Plans, templates, business plans, etc. at muthurwa.com and get paid via Mpesa.
Learn how it works →