Visa Kenya through partnership with Direct Pay Online Group (DPO) online money transfer platform has launched Mvisa,
What is Mvisa?
Mvisa is a payment option that allows users to make mobile payments online through scanning a unique QR codes. This allows money to move from the buyer to the sellers account at no extra cost. Its functionality is almost similar to that of Bitcoins (learn more about Bitcoin)
Steps for registering with mVisa
- Register for mobile banking and download your bank’s mobile banking app or upgrade your existing mobile banking app (Banks offering Mvisa transactions are listed below)
- Open the app and select mVisa.
- Set an mPIN
- Select your desired Visa card to link
NOTE: For merchants, just register and display your Qr code. Clients will just scan the QR code and charges for your product/services are deducted from your client’s account.
Steps for using mVisa for mobile payments
- Open your mobile banking app.
- Select mVisa.
- Scan the merchant QRCode.
- Enter amount
- Confirm payment.
- Receive payment confirmation
How to pay Bills online with Mvisa
- Spot the mVisa acceptance mark and the QR code on the check-out/ billing page when you are ready for your purchase.
- Scan this QR code or type in the numeric merchant ID.
- You will either need to enter the payable amount or scanning the QR code will automatically display the payable amount.
- Authenticate the payment with your mPIN (passcode) and confirm the transaction.
- Get the transaction confirmation instantly.
- Or, access your bank’s USSD platform, enter the merchant ID, enter the amount to be paid and make the payment
How to start accepting mVisa payments for your business
- To accept mVisa payments for your business, register for mVisa by contacting your bank. You will be assigned an mVisa merchant ID number to you and generate your mVisa QR code. Both pieces of information should be displayed along with your merchant name on your mVisa merchant information panel for consumers to make payments to you.
- In order to make customers know that you accept payments through mVisa, display the mVisa welcome sign.
Banks that offer mVisa transaction services
- Co-Operative Bank
- Family Bank
- KCB Bank
- National Bank
- NIC Bank
- Prime Bank
Benefits of using mvisa
- Payments go straight to your bank account: Unlike Mpesa transactions where you are charged multiple times to make transactions to banks, with Mvisa there are no extra steps required to transfer money to a bank account.
- Quick transfer of cash. Once you scan the code, money is instantly transferred.
- Official Mvisa website: http://www.visa.co.ke
- Mvisa contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not miss our updates on Mvisa use! Is Mpesa under threat?
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of 235k+ members that receive latest education news.
Leave a Reply