KUCCPS has released placement results for this year that indicate the degree courses that were most selected by students who applied for placement. The placement results show that most students applied for education-related courses. This is attributed to the fact that most Kenyans consider being employed by the government as a teacher easy compared to other courses.
Education courses are also cheaper (in terms of tuition fees) compared to medicine, law, engineering, and other science courses.
KUCCPS Most Popular Degree Courses
Below is a list of the most selected degree courses as revealed by KUCCPS placement data;
- Bachelor of Education: 30,000
- Bachelor of Education (Arts): 20, 151
- Bachelor of Education (Science): 9,431
- Bachelor of Arts: 5,567
- Bachelor of Commerce: 4,367
- Computer Science-related courses: 2,912
- Bachelor of Scince Agriculure Education: 1,657
- Human Resource Management: 1,638
- Bachelor of Science IT: 1,459
- Criminology and Security Studies: 1,395
- Bachelor of Law: 1,200
- Political Science and Public Administration: 1,081
Courses that had the least amount of students that selected them include counseling, agriculture, and environment-related courses.
All students who got C+ and above were eligible for degree course application under the government funding program. Those who scored KCSE grades C+ and below were eligible for diploma courses.
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of 235k+ members that receive latest education news.