Mount Kenya University (MKU) invites application from qualified candidates wishing to pursue the following programmes and wishes to join the University during 2017 May or September intake for certificate, diploma, bachelor, masters, post graduate diploma and Ph.d degree . Fulltime ,Part-time and Distance Learning study modes available.
Minimum Requirements for admission to Mount Kenya University (mku)
- PhD Programme: A Master’s degree in relevant area of specialization.
- Masters Programme: At least a Bachelors degree with a minimum of second class
Honors – Upper Division from a recognized University or equivalent recognized by Mount Kenya University senate OR Bachelors Degree with at least Second class Honors lower division and a minimum of two years’ work experience.
- Post-Graduate Diploma programmes: At least a Bachelors degree from a recognized
University or equivalent qualification recognized by Mount Kenya University senate
- Bachelors Programmes: At least a KCSE mean grade C+ (plus) or its equivalent OR
Diploma from KNEC or Equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Diploma programmes: Atleast a KCSE mean grade C- (minus) Or Certificate in a relevant field
- Certificate programmes: Atleast a KCSE mean grade D+ (Plus)
Kindly note that different courses require relevant cluster subjects qualification for
admission. For more information visit official website www.mku.ac.ke.
Admission Applications procedure
Apply to the Registrar, Academic Affairs enclosing copies of relevant academic/professional certificates. Application fee of Kshs. 1,000 for undergraduate and kshs.2,000 for post graduate
Applications can be done online or application forms can be downloaded from University website www.mku.ac.ke or visit any of our campuses/centers.
- To check for Diploma and certificate course requirements visit this page
- To check for PH.D, Masters and Barchelor degree requirements visit this page
Do not miss our updates of 2017 May, September intakes offered in different universities in Kenya!