Africa billionaires control almost half of Africa resources. According to the world population review data, Africa has an estimated population of 1 billion people. The most populous country in Africa is Nigeria with a population of 173,611,131 people whereas South Africa is the richest country in Africa.
State officer and politicians are among the top richest people in most African countries which clearly indicate that leadership in Africa is closely linked to richness. The assumption here is that most leaders in Africa use their position to acquire wealth through the “back door”
Our focus today is on the top 5 richest presidents in Africa. The list of the top 5 has been generated by taking into consideration of combined data acquired from reputable organization that calculate the net worth of world Celebrities (Forbes.com, Foreignpolicty.com, Celebritynetworth.com, Therichest.com and bornrich.com). It should however be noted that the figures below do not reflect the exact net worth of the mentioned presidents.
1. José Eduardo dos Santos –Angola president-Net worth: $20billion
2. Mohammed vi-King of Morocco- Net Worth: $2.1 billion
3. Omar Hassan Ahmad al-Bashir -Sudanese president -Net Worth: $1 billion
4. Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo – Equatorial Guinea president-Net worth: $600 million
5. Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta-Kenya president-New worth: $500 million
Photos: courtesy of Wikipedia
Do you have any question about the top 5 richest presidents in Africa? Let us know in the comment section below.
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.