In our earlier article, we posted about the courses that the top most powerful CEOs in Kenya did. If you missed the article visit our search button and find it. Our focus today is on degree courses that the top most powerful governors in Kenya did and universities where they studied. So, how did we arrive at the list below?
UPDATE: This article is outdated. We have a current list here: Degree courses that senators did.
70% of our information was obtained from the Strathmore governance Centre, Nairobi through its Utawala platform. Strathmore governance center regularly deploys research groups across Kenya to survey inhabitants and explore bottom-up viewpoints. They then display all the data obtained in their investigation together with the methodology used in their platform for public access.
Find below a list of Degree courses that the top most powerful governors in Kenya did and Universities where they studied
- Isaac Ruto – Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of Nairobi
- Ali Hassan Joho – Governor Mombasa county-Kampala University (Bachelor of Business Administration degree (Human Resource Management option) from Kampala University
- Alfred Mutua – Governor Machakos county- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism from Whitworth College US, Master of science in Communication from Eastern Washington University and Doctorate in communication and media- University of Western Sydney ,Australia.
- Jackson Kiplagat Mandago – Governor Uasin Gishu County- Bachelor of Science degree in Bio-Chemistry from Kenyatta University and Masters in Procurement and Strategic Planning-Catholic University of East Africa (CUEA).
- Evans Kidero – Governor Nairobi County- University of Nairobi Degree in Bachelor of Pharmacy, and Masters in Business Administration from the United States International University
- Kinuthia Mbugua – Governor Nakuru County- University of Nairobi-Bachelor of Arts degree, Government and Sociology
- William Kabogo – Governor Kiambu County- Bachelor of Commerce degree from Punjab University in India
- Peter Munya – Governor Meru County- Bachelor of Law degree from University of Nairobi, Masters Degree in International Law (International Economic Integration Law) from University of Brussels, Belgium and Masters Degree in Law (Public International Law) from the University of Georgia, USA
- James Ongwae – Governor Kisii County- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) degree in Economics and Government from University of Nairobi, Master’s degree in Public Policy and Administration from the Institute of Social Studies (ISS)-The Hague, Holland (Netherlands) and postgraduate Diploma in Management & Administration from East & Southern Africa Management Institute (ESAMI)- TRAPCA Program, Tanzania
- Jack Ranguma – Governor Kisumu County- Master of Science (International Accounting & Management Information Systems) from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
The data above of Degree courses that the top most powerful governors in Kenya did and universities where they studied was compiled by Kenyayote team.
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. If you have any questions, you can ask it at Kenyayote Q&A forum and we will reply to you.