Getting a KRA pin for HELB application or for any other purposes is very simple but very many students more so first time helb applicants find it hard. It is normal that everything seems hard when you encounter it for the first time. I once had a hard time getting a KRA pin when I was in my first year in University and I was applying for HELB.
Below is a step by step guide on how to apply for Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) pin.
You must have the following the details before you begin the KRA application process
- Your National Identification Card (ID) details,
- Parents Details (Father and mother or guardians names),
- Postal address,
If you have all the above mentioned details you are ready to get started with the KRA pin application process
- Go to kra itax portal
- Go to the tab indicated “ClickHere, To Apply your PIN and//or Submit Online Return”
- After the above a new page (PIN Assignment for New Taxpayer) will load. Ignore the message indicated “KRA already has some Data about you to facilitate PIN Application” and tick on the box Resident (after ticking the resident tan a drop down form will appear)
- Fill the form then click the tab below indicated Validate
- After validating a new page will open which will ask you to fill details like (postal address, telephone, Email address…)
- After following all the steps a password and other login details will be send to your email (Gmail is the best and most secure email to use).
- Use the details that have been sent to your email to login and print your KRA for that contains your KRA pin.
Do you have any question on the Procedure of How to get KRA pin for HELB application? Let us know in the comment section below.
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.
Make a decent living online by selling pdf Revision Papers, Class notes, Recipes, House Plans, templates, business plans, etc. at muthurwa.com and get paid via Mpesa.
Learn how it works →