Students who apply for HELB Loan for the first time and get rejected can apply for appeal by following the procedure provided below. You can also apply for an appeal to have your loan disbursement increased.
What is HELB Loan Appeal?
HELB Loan appeals is in simple terms reapplying for helb loan after being rejected during first time application, subsequent or want your loan reward to be increased.
How to apply for HELB Loan appeal
Follow the procedure below;
- Visit: helb Portal
- Login to the student portal
- Click Loan Application menu
- Go to the HELB Loan Type (Certificate, Diploma, or Undergraduate)
- Then ClICK Undergraduate Loan Appeal/Review Form, click the plus sign
- Fill the online appeal form. Make sure that you have provided evidence to justify your case if you want to appeal for Loan Increase
- Then Submit the form online
- You will be notified if your appeal was successful or not
HELB Loan Rejections Reasons
Some of the Likely reason for HELB Loan Rejections include;
- You provided inadequate information during the application process.
- You provided false information during the application process.
- For subsequent applicants, you might have been banned from applying because you provided wrong parents income information
Just like the application process, HELB Loan appeal process has timelines each year. If the appeal is not open you will not be able to fill the appeal form nor will you be able to see the appeal forms tab. Contact HELB to know when the appeal process will open.