Samples and how t write: A claim letter is written to ask reimbursement for the damage caused to your property or injury caused to you, your family or employees. Consequently, in business a claim letter can be sent by a customer asking for refund of their money when not satisfied with a given good/service. Here is a general guideline on how to write a good claim letter;
How to write a claim letter
- Use the standard business structure to write your letter. By this I mean indicate both your addresses (yours and the receiver’s) appropriately.
- Start your letter with a polite tone as this will guide its receiver whether they should continue reading it or not. It doesn’t hurt to compromise sometimes, especially if you are the one benefiting.
- As much as possible avoid using threatening phrases. Remember they can be used as evidence against you to lose your claim.
- Try to be as professional as possible in explaining the circumstances that lead to the need of a claim.
- Address your claim letter to the specific individual/ party. Avoid generalizing.
- End your letter with an indication that you are ready for dialogue to solve the issue as soon as possible.
- Sign off respectively with your full name and signature.
Sample Claim letter
Do not miss all our letter writing updates and pdf samples of claim letters