Samples and how t write: A claim letter is written to ask reimbursement for the damage caused to your property or injury caused to you, your family or employees. Consequently, in business a claim letter can be sent by a customer asking for refund of their money when not satisfied with a given good/service. Here is a general guideline on how to write a good claim letter;
How to write a claim letter
- Use the standard business structure to write your letter. By this I mean indicate both your addresses (yours and the receiver’s) appropriately.
- Start your letter with a polite tone as this will guide its receiver whether they should continue reading it or not. It doesn’t hurt to compromise sometimes, especially if you are the one benefiting.
- As much as possible avoid using threatening phrases. Remember they can be used as evidence against you to lose your claim.
- Try to be as professional as possible in explaining the circumstances that lead to the need of a claim.
- Address your claim letter to the specific individual/ party. Avoid generalizing.
- End your letter with an indication that you are ready for dialogue to solve the issue as soon as possible.
- Sign off respectively with your full name and signature.
Sample Claim letter
Do not miss all our letter writing updates and pdf samples of claim letters
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of 235k+ members that receive latest education news.
Leave a Reply