Samples and how to write guides: A letter of cancellation is written to drop a given agreement between two or more business entities. When writing a letter of cancellation, you should try to be as calm as possible no matter the surrounding circumstances.
How to write a business cancellation letter
- Start your letter with your right official address as well as the date
- Appropriately indicate the address details of the receiver while ensuring to use proper titles.
- In your cancellation letter, since you already know the person you are writing to, include their correct salutation.
- Clearly indicate your purpose of writing on the subject line/ reference.
- Start the first paragraph of your letter of cancellation by clearly but precisely stating the reason of your writing while giving reasons for the move.
- By all means, avoid using abusive phrases in your letter.
- In your last paragraph of your cancellation letter, let the receiver know of your desire to end the agreement on good terms.
- Sign off your letter with your full names and company stamp.
- Remember this later can be used as proof on a later date so keep a copy for yourself.
Sample cancellation letter
Do not miss our letter writing updates and pdf samples of cancellation letters