This is a summary of Safaricom Financial Year 2018/2019 Half Years Results for the month ended September 2018 and other announcements made on 2nd Friday November 2018.
Summary of Safaricom Half Year Results 2018/2019
Summary of results released by Safaricom on 2nd November;
- Number of Customers increased by 1.5% to 29.94m from 29 (September 2017 to September 2018)
- M-PESA customers who were active in the last 30 days grew by 8.8% to 21.01m from 19.31m
- Voice service/Calls revenue increased by 1.4% from Kshs 47.35bn to Kshs 48.03bn
- Messaging/SMS revenue decreased by 1.2% from Kshs 8.92bn to Kshs 8.81bn
- Mobile data Use revenue increased by 10.8% from Kshs 17.55bn to Kshs 19.45bn
- M-PESA revenue increased by 18.2% from Kshs 30.05bn to Kshs 35.52bn
- Net income increased by 20.2% from Kshs 26.20bn to Kshs 31.50 billion
Talking points during the Half Year Results announcement
This is what Safaricom had to say during the announcement of its half year results;
- M-PESA was the main driver of growth for the period, accounting for nearly two thirds of the 7.7% point increase, and growing 18.2%
- M-PESA now accounts for 30.0% of service revenue, indicating the resilience in our business model vis a vis a traditional telco.
- There was a significant acceleration in growth across all areas. Lipa Na M-PESA revenues have returned to growth this year following the investment made last year, recording an increase of 49.9% YoY compared to 0.9% last year.
PDF of Safaricom 2018 Half Year Results
Download the complete pdf of the report from: Safaricom Financial Year Results
More information available at safaricom official website: https://www.safaricom.co.ke
Do not miss all our latest updates on Safaricom Financial year performance announcements
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join 235k+ subscribers that receive latest education news.
Looking for the best approved TVET College in Kenya offering business, journalism, engineering, ICT, Tourism, and much more courses? Then consider joining RVIBS.
Learn more about RVIBS→