This is a summary of Safaricom Financial Year 2018/2019 Half Years Results for the month ended September 2018 and other announcements made on 2nd Friday November 2018.
Summary of Topics
Summary of Safaricom Half Year Results 2018/2019
Summary of results released by Safaricom on 2nd November;
- Number of Customers increased by 1.5% to 29.94m from 29 (September 2017 to September 2018)
- M-PESA customers who were active in the last 30 days grew by 8.8% to 21.01m from 19.31m
- Voice service/Calls revenue increased by 1.4% from Kshs 47.35bn to Kshs 48.03bn
- Messaging/SMS revenue decreased by 1.2% from Kshs 8.92bn to Kshs 8.81bn
- Mobile data Use revenue increased by 10.8% from Kshs 17.55bn to Kshs 19.45bn
- M-PESA revenue increased by 18.2% from Kshs 30.05bn to Kshs 35.52bn
- Net income increased by 20.2% from Kshs 26.20bn to Kshs 31.50 billion
Talking points during the Half Year Results announcement
This is what Safaricom had to say during the announcement of its half year results;
- M-PESA was the main driver of growth for the period, accounting for nearly two thirds of the 7.7% point increase, and growing 18.2%
- M-PESA now accounts for 30.0% of service revenue, indicating the resilience in our business model vis a vis a traditional telco.
- There was a significant acceleration in growth across all areas. Lipa Na M-PESA revenues have returned to growth this year following the investment made last year, recording an increase of 49.9% YoY compared to 0.9% last year.
PDF of Safaricom 2018 Half Year Results
Download the complete pdf of the report from: Safaricom Financial Year Results
More information available at safaricom official website: https://www.safaricom.co.ke
Do not miss all our latest updates on Safaricom Financial year performance announcements