In the coming weeks it will be possible to send money from Mpesa to Western Union. Below is a guide on how transfer money from your mpesa account to Western Union. Transaction Charges will be updated later.
Message from Safaricom on Mpesa to Western Union Money Transfer
- Bob: We have partnered with Western Union to make it possible for our customers to send money via M-PESA to virtually any individual or business Worldwide
- Bob: The recipient of this money will then be able to withdraw the funds either from their bank or any one of over 500,000 Western Union outlets around the world.
- We will be sharing more on this when we make the official announcement in both Nairobi and San Francisco in the coming weeks.
(Below is how the mpesa to western union sending option looks like when you use the safaricom mobile app)
How to send Money from Mpesa To Western Union
Below is how to transfer money from Mpesa to Western Union using Safaricom code 840;
- Dial *840#
- Accept Terms and Conditions
- Then Follow the prompts to the end
- Another easier option is; download and open mySafaricom App
- then select M-PESA
- pick the M-PESA Global option
Charges of transferring Money from Mpesa to Western Union
Safaricom did not disclose how much it will cost to send money from mpesa to western union but promised to provide an update in the coming weeks. Check back later for an update.
About M-PESA Global
The Mpesa to Western Union service is run by Mpesa Global.
M-PESA Global is a new and revolutionary service that opens up M-PESA to the world. It makes it possible for Kenyans to affordably and instantly send money to their friends and family without involving an intermediary
Do not miss all our latest updates on Mpesa to Western Union services
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. If you have any questions, you can ask it at Kenyayote Q&A forum and we will reply to you.