Matumbo wet fry recipe: Kenyans are very creative when it comes to food and practically like experimenting. Matumbo is not a new term in most Kenyan homes. Here is a simple recipe to twist things for you in the kitchen;
Ingredients of cooking Matumbo wet fry
- 1/2 kg matumbo (chopped)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 ginger grate
- 2 gloves of garlic grated
- A bunch of coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 spoonfuls of cooking oil
- 1 spoonful of tomatoe paste
Procedure of preparing matumbo wet fry
- Place the chopped tripe in a large Sufuria with water and clean well
- Place them over medium heat and let cook for 30 minutes or until they are soft. Add alittle salt and boil for 10 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Take another Sufuria, add onions and cooking oil and place over heat. Let the onions brown.
- Add the matumbo and stir until they brown.
- Add garlic and stir for 2 minutes and then add the grated ginger and mix for afew more minutes.
- You can now add the tomatoes and tomatoe paste and stir.
- Finally add coriander leaves, stir. Simmer for 5 more minutes and remove from heat.
Your tripe is now ready and can be served with rice, hot and ugali of your choice.
Do not miss our latest updates on how prepared matumbo fry the Kenyan way
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.