Bhajias are most popular among Kenyans living on the coastal parts of Kenya. However, the delicacy is still served by some hotels across the country on demand. As for those who would love to prepare this sumptuous meal at home, here is a simple recipe;
Ingredients of cooking Bhajias
- 300g gram flour
- 2 spoonfuls of sugar
- 2 spoonfuls of baking flour
- 1 spoonful of cardamon
- 200g potatoes( chopped to ring shape)
- 1 large onion chopped
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil enough for frying
Procedure of how to cook Bhajias
- In a large bowl add gram flour, sugar, salt, cardamon and baking flour mixing well as you add in bits until everything is well blended.
- Add water in bits as you vigorously mix to achieve a thick smooth paste.
- Divide the thick paste into halves using wide bowls. Mox one half with onions and 5he other half with potatoes.
- Now mix the two (bowl with onions and bowl with potatoes) and ensure the potatoes are well coated evenly. Set aside
- Place a frying pan with cooking oil over medium heat and let get hot.
- Add bits of the coated potatoes and fry until all sides brown. Remove from heat and place on grease paper.
- Repeat the process until all the potatoes are finished.
Your bhajias are now ready and can be served hot with Ukwaju/Kachumbari. Enjoy
Do not miss all our updates on how to cook Kenyan traditional meals
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of thousands of members that receive latest education news.