Recipe: Viazi karai is a Kenyan meal most popularly enjoyed by Kenyans living around the coastal areas.It is a simple meal commonly ventured long traffic prone areas.
Ingredients of cooking Viazi Karai
- 100g gram flour
- 500g potatoes
- 1 teaspoonful tumeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoonful red chilli powder
- A bunch of coriander leaves chopped
- Cooking oil enough for frying.
Procedure of cooking Viazi Karai
- Wash the potatoes one by one until they are thoroughly cleaned.
- Place them in a large sufuria (without peeling) and place over medium heat.
- Let them cook for about 30 minutes or until they are soft and remove from heat. Set aside and let cool.
- Peel off the outer coverings and slice then into chunks. Cut the chunks in the middle and apply some chilli. Set aside.
- Now in a different bowl mix all the dry ingredients and water to form a thick paste. Add chopped coriander leaves and set aside.
- Meanwhile place a frying pan with cooking oil over heat and let get hot.
- Place the potatoes in bits into the thick paste and roll over until evenly covered then fry.
- Let cook as you turn until they get crispy and start flooting on the cooking oil. Remove from heat and tab on a kitchen towel to get rid of excess repeat the process until all potatoes are finished
Your viazi karai are now ready and can be served hot with ukwaju and preferred accompaniment. Enjoy!
Do not miss all our updates on how to cook Viazi Karai
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.