Njahi is a traditional meal associated with the Agikuyu community in Kenya. However, due to assimilation, other communities are starting to embrace the meal that is said to be reach in nutrients.
Ingredients of cooking Coconut Njahi Curry
- 500g boiled Njahi
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 gloves of garlic grated
- 1 ginger grated
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 3 large tomatoes chopped
- 2 Royco cubes
- ½ cup coconut cream/ coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
Procedure of cooking Coconut Njahi Curry
- Place a Sufuria with onions and cooking oil over medium heat. Stir and let the onions brown.
- Add garlic and ginger and mix for two more minutes under low heat to avoid the mixture from burning
- Pour in the tomatoes and stir. Let cook until the tomatoes are well cooked and crushed.
- Add the already cooked Njahi and mix well until everything blends in well.
- Add coconut cream/milk and mix. Sprinkle some salt and Royco cubes and stir. Cover and let simmer under low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add Coriander leaves. Mix and cover for 3 more minutes.
Your Njahi is now ready and can be served with Rice or chapati. Enjoy!
Do not miss all our updates on how to cook traditional Kenyan meals
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.
Make a decent living online by selling pdf Revision Papers, Class notes, Recipes, House Plans, templates, business plans, etc. at muthurwa.com and get paid via Mpesa.
Learn how it works →