Samosa Recipe: Most Kenyans enjoy samosa in their homes as snacks and breakfast accompaniments. Below is how to prepare it;
Ingredients of cooking Samosa
- 300g multipurpose baking flour
- 500g minced meat
- A bunch of spring onions(chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil enough for frying
Procedure of cooking Samosa
- Place the minced meat in a Sufuria and heat under low heat until fully cooked
- Drain water off the minced meat and add the spring onions and stir.
- Knead the dough just the same way you do for chapati and let rest for a few minutes.
- Divided the dough into sizeable portions and roll into the size of a chapati but make it more thin..
- Place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and place the rolled pieces. Let cook for two minutes on each side and remove from heat
- Now cut the rolled pieces into quarters and place aside.
- Take a middle sized bowl and pour in two spoons of multipurpose baking floor. Add some water to and whisk to form a thick consistent paste.
- Fold the sliced chapati pieces into samosa pockets by sticking then together using the flour paste.
- Add two spoonful of minced meat into each samosa pocket and seal using the flour paste. Set aside and repeat until all the minced meat is finished.
- Now place a frying pan with cooking oil over medium heat and let get hot.
- Place in one samosa after the other until you have enough and let cook. Keep turning from side to side until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and rub over a kitchen towel to remove excess oil. Repeat the process until all your samosas are cooked.
Your samosa are now ready and can be served on their own or with a drink of your choice. Enjoy!
Do not miss all our latest updates on how to cook samosa the Kenyan way