Samosa Recipe: Most Kenyans enjoy samosa in their homes as snacks and breakfast accompaniments. Below is how to prepare it;
Ingredients of cooking Samosa
- 300g multipurpose baking flour
- 500g minced meat
- A bunch of spring onions(chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil enough for frying
Procedure of cooking Samosa
- Place the minced meat in a Sufuria and heat under low heat until fully cooked
- Drain water off the minced meat and add the spring onions and stir.
- Knead the dough just the same way you do for chapati and let rest for a few minutes.
- Divided the dough into sizeable portions and roll into the size of a chapati but make it more thin..
- Place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and place the rolled pieces. Let cook for two minutes on each side and remove from heat
- Now cut the rolled pieces into quarters and place aside.
- Take a middle sized bowl and pour in two spoons of multipurpose baking floor. Add some water to and whisk to form a thick consistent paste.
- Fold the sliced chapati pieces into samosa pockets by sticking then together using the flour paste.
- Add two spoonful of minced meat into each samosa pocket and seal using the flour paste. Set aside and repeat until all the minced meat is finished.
- Now place a frying pan with cooking oil over medium heat and let get hot.
- Place in one samosa after the other until you have enough and let cook. Keep turning from side to side until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and rub over a kitchen towel to remove excess oil. Repeat the process until all your samosas are cooked.
Your samosa are now ready and can be served on their own or with a drink of your choice. Enjoy!
Do not miss all our latest updates on how to cook samosa the Kenyan way
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.
Make a decent living online by selling pdf Revision Papers, Class notes, Recipes, House Plans, templates, business plans, etc. at muthurwa.com and get paid via Mpesa.
Learn how it works →