Sausage rolls are among the most sumptuous meals enjoyed by Kenyans, especially on special occasions. But it doesn’t have to be that way, equipped with this simple recipe,you can be enjoying your weekends snacking, at the comfort of your home, the 5 star way.
Ingredients of cooking Sausage rolls
- 6 beef sausages
- 6 large slices of fresh bread
- 2 eggs(beaten)
- 1/4 Cupfu of baking flour paste
- Cooking oil(enough for frying)
Procedure of preparing Sausage rolls
- In a frying pan pour enough frying oil and place on medium heat.
- When the oil is hot enough ,place the sausages one by one and fry.Keep turning from side to side until all sides are fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and tab on a kitchen towel to get rid of excess oil.
- Peel off the brown hard sides of bread slices and place aside.(Don’t throw away the peel-oofs but instead dry them to use as breadcrumbs in future)
- Now on a flat firm surface,use a rolling stick to roll the skices of bread one after the other.(This helps to stretch then abit) Place aside.
- Take one sausage after the other and roll in the bread slices.
- Use baking flour paste to firmly stick the slices together so that the sausages are fully covered.
- Meanwhile turn on the heat and let the cooking oil get hot.
- Dip the sausage rolls in the egg mixture and roll through. Remove and deep fry in hot oil,turning from side to side to ensure all sides are cooked and golden brown
- Remove from oil and place on a kitchen towel to drain excess oil.
Your sausage rolls are now ready and can be served with ketchup on the side. Enjoy!
Do not miss all our latest updates on how to cook sausage rolls
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.