Mandazi Recipe and how to prepare: In Kenya, the term mandazi sparks the snack time /breakfast mood. It is most popular in most Kenyan homes more so because of it’s preparation simplicity. However, when it comes to these snack, attention to detail and use of ingredients, plays a big role.
Ingredients of cooking Mandazi
- 500g all-purpose baking flour
- 1 spoonful fresh Cardamom (crushed)
- 2 spoonfuls of sugar
- 1 spoonful of butter
- Cooking oil (enough for frying)
- A large Cupful of warm water/milk
Procedure of cooking Mandazi
- In a large bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, sugar and cardamon mix well with your hands.
- Place the butter in 1/2 Cupful of water/milk and let it melt. Add it to the dough and knead the dough until all the ingredients are well mixed and the dough is firm enough.
- Cover and let rest for atleast 1 hour.
- Place a frying pan with enough cooking oil on medium heat and let the oil get hot.
- Meanwhile divide the dough into half, sprinkle some oil on the rolling space and roll the dough a rolling stick.
- Make the dough thick enough and not too thin like one for chapati. Partition the rolled dough into preferred shapes using a knife.
- Place the shaped dough pieces in the hot oil and let one side brown before turning over. Once both sides have browned, remove from oil and place in a bowl covered with
- Repeat process until all the dough is finished.
Your Mandazi are now ready and can be served hot with tra, coffee or chocolate. Enjoy!
Do not miss all our latest updates on cooking mandazi the local way
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of 235k+ members that receive latest education news.
Leave a Reply