Working at UNICEF Kenya: A guide on how to apply for United Nations Children’s Fund latest jobs and internships.
Summary of Topics
What is UNICEF?
UNICEF is a UN organization that works to improve the lives of children and their families by protecting children’s rights and providing them with shelter, nutrition, equality and protection from conflicts and disasters.
It was formerly known as United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) before its name changed to United Nations Children’s Fund but still retained the abbreviation UNICEF.
Basic Requirements needed to work at UNICEF Kenya
If you are interested in working for UNICEF and you are not sure of the minimum requirements for potential employees at UNICEF. Here is a list of basic qualifications:
- must be a citizen of the country where a particular position for a UNICEF job has been advertised. Applicants may be required to give up permanent residency status for an individual residing in a country that is not of their own nationality.
- must be between 28 and 32 years of age
- a masters degree from a recognized university or a bachelors degree as an absolute minimum in a relevant field. It is important to note that UNICEF does not accept Degrees from institutions that are not accredited or are incomplete.
- a minimum of two years of professional work experience. Work experience should be from a relevant field.
- computer literacy in some of the basic computer software.
- Must show interest in the work of the United Nations (UN) and UNICEF in particular
- Must Commitment to the mission and ideals of UNICEF and the UN charter.
- Ability to interact with people from different background and cultural beliefs. Which includes the will to be tolerant of divergent views and opinions.
- Fluency in written and spoken English or any other official language of communication at UNICEF offices, for example, French, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese amongst others.
How to apply for UNICEF Vacancies
To apply for latest UNICEF vacancies, follow these procedure:
- Go to UNICEF Vacancy Page
- Select Your Location from Sidebar
- Tick the Job Category you are interested in
- Select the job that you meet its requirements and click open to apply
- Register at the application portal and start filling application details
How to apply for UNICEF Internship opportunities
To apply for UNICEF internship follow the procedure below;
- Visit UNICEF employment page
- On the right sidebar menu, select your country
- Then select Job Level as Internship
- Internship Jobs in your location will load under current opportunities
- Select the Internship opportunity you are interested in among the many
- Read the Instructions and Requirement and Click Apply Button at the bottom of the page
- Start Applying
Unicef Kenya Contacts
Your can reach unicef Kenya through;
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +254 020 7622159
- Address: United Nations Avenue, Nairobi
- Website: https://www.unicef.org/kenya/
Do not miss all our latest UNICEF internship opportunities updates