Working at Nation Media Group as a reporter: Nation media journalists are tasked with the main responsibility of keeping the public up updated with news and current events through delivery of updates and analysis of events. They provide news and stories to the public via various means channels for example online channels, newspapers, radio, television magazines amongst others.
Nation regularly announces positions for reporters with the passion and energy for reporting to join their media team.
Requirements of being a reporter
- Bachelors degree in communication or any other relevant field
- Diploma in journalism/ mass communication
- A minimum of at least 3 years of experience in a relevant field
- Good communication sills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and simplify reports for the public
- Should be a team player
- Problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Must be conversant with media processes.
- Conducting in depth research on stories to ensure that they are complete
Key roles of a reporter
- Covering various news stories
- Finalizing and Preparation of news content
- Ensuring that stories and news content align with the journalism style of nation media group
- Delivering stories according to the established deadlines
- Conducting interviews and verifying information collected from interviewees
- Keeping in touch with news sources and following news leads
- Responding to breaking news accordingly
- Ensuring that reported news are correct and factual and ensuring that news is free from errors
- Abiding by social media and editorial policies.
How to apply for Nation Media Jobs
Applicants who meet all the requirements for the reporter job can complete their applications online via Nation Media Group’s career portal. Nation media only contacts shortlisted applicants.
Do not miss all our latest job updates from Nation Media Group
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.