Working at Kenyatta national hospital (KNH): Are you interested in working for Kenyatta national hospital as a nurse? we have prepared a simple guide on the key competencies, qualifications, and responsibilities of nurses at KNH to assist you in creating your application.
KNH nurses basically monitor patients, keep records, administer medications and consult with senior healthcare providers at KNH to ensure the provision of excellent healthcare services to patients.
Qualification of working at KNH as nurse
- A bachelor’s degree , diploma or higher diploma in nursing from an accredited institution.
- Previous experience in a relevant filed of at least 3 years will be an added advantage.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Should be registered with the nursing council of Kenya.
- Must have a valid license from the nursing council of Kenya.
- Must demonstrate a high level of professional competency.
- Knowledgeable in healthcare and nursing standards and programmes.
- Computer literacy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Roles of nurses at KNH
- Performing regular ward rounds.
- Participating in assessment of patients as required.
- Taking part in administrative activities at the hospital.
- Participating in the delivery of the strategic plan and performance contract of the hospital.
- Conducting clinical procedures and making decisions on management of patients accordingly.
- Assessing planning and implementing nursing interventions tin patients in order to evaluate the outcome of patients.
- Keeping records of patients and their condition.
- Providing health education to patients.
- Data collection and compiling.
- Assisting in the admission of patients and the initiation of their discharge schedules
- Referring patients accordingly.
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
How to apply for KNH nurse jobs
Job application forms can be downloaded from KNH Careers Website.
KNH often requires applicants to send hard copies of their applications together with attached copies of their testimonials and certifications to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Kenyatta National Hospital,
P.O Box 20723-00202,
Kenyatta National Hospital Contacts
You can reach KNH through the following means;
- Phone: 0709 85400 or 0730 643000
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Hospital Road, Nairobi
- Website: https://knh.or.ke/
Do not miss all our latest updates on Kenyatta National Hospital jobs