Winners and losers of the UDA nominations that were conducted today in various sections of the country in Kenya. We will be updating only competitive counties, constituencies, and wards.
United Democratic Alliance (UDA) nominations took place on 14th April 2022 in various sections of the country in Kenya. The most competitive areas were counties, constituencies, and wards in Central and RiftValley where UDA enjoys majority support.
Unlike ODM which uses the party register for nominations, UDA uses the IEBC register. ODM party also decided to conduct its nominations on different days spread across one month while UDA set 14th April 2022 as the day for all nominations. However, in some areas, UDA nominations have been postponed due to logistical challenges.
Voting started at about 8:00 AM in most polling stations and ended at 6:000 PM.
UDA Nominations winners
Below are the results from various areas that we have received. Direct nominations were issued in other competitive seats like Nairobi Governor, Women Rep, Senator, etc.
Bomet County UDA nomination results
- Governor: Hillary Barchok
- Senator: Hillary Sigei
- Women Repersebative: Linet Chepkorir (TOTO)
- Bomet Central Consitieuncy: Hon. Richard Kilel (winner)
Kajiado County UDA nomination resuts
- Governor: Hon. Ole Metito, Katoo (leading)
- Women Rep:
- Starehe constituency: Simon Mbugua (leading but repeat nominations ordered in one polling centre)
- Roysambu Constituency: (no results)
- Kasarani Coinstituency: Hon John Njoroge Chege (leading but repeat nomination ordered by the party in three pollings stations).
- Mwiki Ward (MCA): Sam Kago
- Governor: Dr. Erick Kipkoech Mutai (leading)
- Kipkelion Constituency: Hilary Nyiganet Arap Kosgei
- Governor: Benjamin Cheboi (winner)
- Women Rep: Jematiah Florence (winner)
- Baringo Central Constituency: Joshua Kandie
- Mogotio Constituency: Daniel Tuitoek
- Baringo South Constituency: Charles Kamuren
- Eldama Ravine Constituenc: Musa Sirma
- Senator: Tabitha Karanja (98,439 votes)
- Njoro Constituency: Charity Kathambi (winner)
- Naivasha Constituency: Jayne Kihara (UDA party overtuned the initial outcome that had delcared John Kihagi the winner)
- Molo Constituency: Kuria Kimani (10,442 votes)
- Subukia Constituency: Kinuthia Gachobe (12,264)
- Gilgil Constituency: Martha Wangari (9,829)
- Governor: Kimani Wamatangi (winner) closely followed by Wainaina wa Jungle
- Women Rep: Anne Wamuratha
- Gatundu North Constituency: Kigo Njenga
- Ruiru Constituency: Simon King’ara
- Juja Constituency: George Koimburi (winner, 6,790 votes)
- Limuru Constituency: John Kiragu Chege
- Githunguri Constituency: Gathoni Wamuchomba
- Laikipia East Constituency: Hon. Ali, Amin Deddy Mohamed
- Governor: Stephen Sang
- Senator: Kiprotich Cherargei
- Women Rep: Cynthia J Muge
- Mosop Constituency: Abraham Kirwa
- Aldai constituency: Marryanne Keitany
- Tinderet Constituency : Julius Kibwott Arap Melly
- Chesumei constituency: Paul Biego (21,370 votes)
- Nandi Hills Constituency: Alfred Keter ( 10,398 votes)
Uasin Gishu County
- Governor: Chelillim Jonathan Bii (leading, counting continues)
- Senator: Jackson Mandago won with 75,847 votes. His closes competitor Oliver Karori had 55,854 votes.
- Women Rep: Gladys Shollei
- Kapseret Constituency: Oscar Sudi (14,531 votes) (winner)
- Emurua Dikirr Constituency: Johana Ng’eno
Elgeyo Marakwet County
- Governor: Wisley Rotich
- Keiyo North Constituency: Adams Kipsanai (6,523 votes)
- Keiyo South Constituency: Gideon Kimaiyo
- Governor: Cecily Mbarire
- Women Rep: Pamela Njoki Njeru
- Tetu Constituency: Geoffrey Wandeto
- Senator: John Methu got (22,473 votes)
- Gichugu Constituency: Githinji Robert Gichimu
- Ndia Constituency: George Kariuki (12,112 votes)
Trans Nzoia County
- Cherangany constituency: Wesley Korir (16,946 votes)
West Pokot County
- Pokot South Constituency: Simon Lokanya (10,395 votes)
- Women Rep: Beatrice Kathomi (49,327 votes)
Losers (influential people)
Influential politicians who have lost their nomination in the results we have received so far.
- Wilson Sossision (lost bomet county senator)
- Caleb Kostany (lost Uasin Gishu county governor)
- Cate Waruguru (lost Laikipia East Constituency)
- Isaac Maura (lost in Ruiru)
- Jaguar (losing Starehe)
- Joseph Boinett (lost Elgeyo Marakwet County governor)
- Peris Tobiko
Correction: Mandago is now ahead of Oliver Kipchumba Karori. His votes arrived in large numbers this morning.
NOTE: We will continue updating live results as they come for governors, senators, members of parliament, women rep, and MCA. Kindly refresh this page for more results.