As I will be explaining in this post, it is true that you can make money online through blogging while studying or while looking for employment for jobless graduate in Kenya. If you have been following our site, you know that our goal here is to be honest and transparent.
Blogging for Students
Some of the Most successful business people in the world you have heard of lay their foundation in university and College. An example of those include;
- Microsoft-Founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen while at Harvard University in 1975. Bill is the richest man in the world.
- Google-Founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while at Stanford University in 1998. The founders are among the richest people in the world.
- Facebook– Founded by Mark Zuckerberg while at Harvard University in 2004
- Snapchat-Founded by Evan Spiegel and Bobby Murphy while at Stanford University in 2011
- Reddit-Founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian while at University of Virginia in 2005
- WordPress-Founded by Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little while at University of Houston in 2003
- FedEx-Founded by Frederick W. Smith while at Yale University in 1971
- Dropbox-Founded by Arash Ferdowski and Drew Houston while at Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2007
- Dell-Founded by Michael Dell while at University of Texas at Austin in 1984.
This is just but a list of the few billionaires who founded their business in campus. Therefore, you will agree with me that a successful student is not the one who gets a first class honors but that who keeps his studies on par with some kind of business or ideas enabling him to earn money.
Making Money through Blogging as a student, graduate and or employed
Blogging is so far the best ways I have ever know of making money online while studying. Top pick it up well, start blogging on topics you have interest in or you are studying about (e.g Technology, Nursing, Fashion, Tourism, Engineering, Business ).
If you start a blog in a topic that you have no interest in then I promise you that you will run out of ideas before even you start earning from it. That is why many people start blogging and in one year they abandon.
NOTE: As you read this guide, it is good to have it in mind that it does not matter how much traffic your blog receives, you can make money from blogging with any traffic. There are blogs in Kenya that receive more traffic than Kenyayote.com but cannot make a quarter of the money we make in a month. Focus on what you want and how to get it.
PS. If you need more information on how to create a blog, get this comprehensive ebook on: how to start a blog in Kenya and make money with it
How to make money from your blog in Kenya
Several articles have been shared in this website on how to start your blog and some of the best web hosting and web designers to hire. So, I will go directly on how to make money from your blog. I will also share earnings from some of the top bloggers.
Here are 4 best ways on how to make money from your blog .
- Affiliate Programs –Jumia , Muthurwa Affiliate, and Kilimall Affiliate (for Kenyan students) and if you are not in Kenya then create an account with Vigilink.
- Google Adsense-Apply for Google Adsense account (We had earlier written on how to get approved for Google adense account easily in this page
- Wordads-This is an advertising programme offered by WordPress.com. Your website must be running on WordPress for you to used wordads. Approval process in so simple and fast. But you must first install Jetpack professional in your website.
- Media.net-This is a Yahoo and Bing Advertising platform. Apply if you want to make money in your blog through their ads.
Proof of earning online with blogging from bloggers
The bloggers below do share earning every month publicly in their blogs. We have decided to share what they earned in the month of December 2016 alone to serve as evidence.
- Harsh Agrawal runs his blog ShoutMeLoud.com and made $34,390 (ksh. 3,439,000) in the month of December 2016.
- Matthew Woodward runs his blog MatthewWoodWard.co.uk and made $22,759.89 (ksh. 2,275,900) in the months of December 2016.
- Johnny runs his blog JohnnyFd.com and made $26,921.22 (ksh. 2,692,100) in the month of December 2016)
- Pat Flynn runs his blog Smartpassiveincome.com and made $128,955.17 (ksh. 12,895,500) in the month of December.
Details about making money online through blogging in Kenya
- Most students who start their blogs in-order to make money get disappointed because it takes too long to earn. Yes, some bloggers do make millions of dollars from their blogs but it is good to understand that they spent sleepless night working and investing on their blogs before they begun making such colossal amount of money. Working on improving your site is more important.
- That if you share your content on social media groups severally your website traffic will increase. The truth is that if you do not have great content, it does not matter how many times you share your post on instagram, twitter, Facebook e.t.c
- The naked truth is that blogging is not rocket science. It requires passion, hard work and persistence to make it.
Do not miss our Daily Updates on genuine ways om how to make money while studying in kenya
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of 235k+ members that receive latest education news.
Hope you will keep on offering good content like this more often. I feel more and more people should know about this. Also, I agree on most of the points you have made. bus timings