Get to know of the steps of getting your website approved for Google AdSense, Why your blog is being rejected and conditions it should meet time. Also learn how much you can earn from your blog using adsense in Kenya.
What is Google AdSense?
Google AdSense is a platform which publishers can use to place Google ads on their blog or website and share advertising revenue with Google. Alternatives of Google adsense include Infolinks, MediaNet, Bidvertiser, Chitika, Clicksor e.t.c (we have a comprehensive post about each one of them).
For Google to start advertising in your website or blog as a publisher you must have a blog//website that meets its policies.
11 Website Conditions for Google Adsense Approval
Google AdSense is the best and highest paying online advertising company. It is also the most reliable way of making money online through your blog or website for starters. For Google to start placing ads in your website you must first pass all its approval processes and meet the following list of conditions;
- Your blog must have bee running for not less than six months. However, you might be lucky to be approved in a shorter period than that if your website has enough, original and quality content.
- Your website must be available online. It must not have server errors like 505 or 404 errors
- Your website or blog must have original content (avoid copyrighted content)
- Your website must use supported language (English). Avoid using unsupported language
- Your website or blog must be well designed and easy to navigate through. If you are running your website on wordpress make sure you are using wordpress themes with easy navigation
- Make sure your website does not have terms that violate Google policies i.e adult content (search for terms that Google prohibits using)
- Make sure that each of your post is at least 300 words long. With a minimum of 30 posts.
- Make sure that you don’t have blank pages
- Websites with Tech or Educational content are normally rejected because they have become too many (am not saying you will not be approved but it is a word of caution).
- You webistes posts and pages must publicly available. You can read more on Google AdSense polices.
How long will it take for my Google AdSense account to be approved?
Six months, but your account might be among the lucky ones to be approved in one month if you meet all the AdSense polices. For publishers in countries like India and China you have no otherwise but have a site running for at least six month for your blog to be approved for Google adsense.
How do i receive Adsense Verification Pin
Adsense verification pin will be sent to your postal address. Make sure you have provide a working postal address during the application process. Otherwise you will encounter problems in receiving your verification pin. In some countries, verification pin is not a requriement.
How do I withdraw my money form Google AdSense earnings in Kenya
Google AdSense payments are made on the 22nd of every month for the previous month’s earnings. How fast you want to receive your earnings depends on the mode of payment you have decided to use. For those in Kenya and other parts of the world, Google AdSense pays through the following three options
Western Union: Western union-the best and fastest way to received your AdSense earnings. You don’t need to open a bank account. What you need is your National ID and that is all. You earnings will reflect in your Western union account 4 hours after deposit (The following message will be appear in your account after payment: Automatic payment: Western Union. 30878656766. Status: Issued (8/26/13)
Check: very slow. Your earnings are sent in form of a check to your postal address. I will not encourage you to use this form of payment.
Wire transfer to bank account-You earning will take about a week to arrive. The best alternative of western union.
UPDATE: Google Adsense has indicated that Western Union will not be available as one of the methods of receiving payment from early 2021. The best alternative is through Wire Transfer. You can ask your bank for its Swift Code or check the bank’s official website for their money transfer swift code.
How long does AdSense take to review my website after I have applied
Fist step AdSense review process takes a maximum of 3 days-(Mine was approved in 24 hours)
Second step AdSense review process takes upto 2 weeks (It is the hardest AdSense approval step)
After you have met all the above requirements visit Google AdSense page and apply. I want to assure you that your account will be approved immediately. Note that a very simple mistake can make your website not to be approved for Google AdSense.
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.
Make a decent living online by selling pdf Revision Papers, Class notes, Recipes, House Plans, templates, business plans, etc. at muthurwa.com and get paid via Mpesa.
Learn how it works →