In business a collection letter is used to collect debts or goodwill from customers. Therefore, as much as one needs to remain lenient, they have to be professional as well. Here is how to go about it;
How to write a collection letter
- Begin your collection letter with your official business name and address. Do not forget to indicate the name of the receiver as well.
- In your collection letter, start with a friendly tone. Do not make people harassed the moment they open your letter.
- In all ways let the receiver know that you are not trying to take action into your own hands but would use all clauses of the law whenever there is need.
- In your letter of collection, gently but firmly let your receiver know that you understand their situation but sometimes things have to be done the right way. By all means avoid making the receiver feel they can postpone their payments. Remember habits are hard to break.
- Indicate the possible consequences that your receiver may incur in case they don’t pay up on time.
- Conclude your letter with your full names, signature and company stamp.
Sample collection letter
Do not miss all our letter writing updates and pdf samples of collection letters
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.