Sample and how write guide: An authorization letter is a letter used to grant given responsibilities/obligations to a given individual/ party. In most cases, this type of letter is written when the person in charge is expected to be away from their line of duty for some reason. The following guidelines are meant to guide you into drafting a professional authorization letter;
How to write an authorization letter
- Start your authorization letter by writing your full name and address details on the left upper side.
- After indicating your details, skip a line or two then write the name and address of the receiver. Always remember to use the write salutation.
- Use the right salutation in your authorization letter. Remember even the slightest mistake can change everything.
- On the subject line of your letter, clearly write the reason of your writing. This makes it easier for the receiver to decide whether it is a matter of urgency or not.
- In your authorization letter, use a simple and understandable language. Restrain from using jargon at all cost.
- Clearly explain to the receiver the reason as to why you are according them authority.
- Clearly indicate the date of effect and the end date of your granted authority.
- Details such as the expected duties and codes of conduct in relation to the newly acquired authority should be clearly explained to the receiver.
- Let the receiver of your authorization letter know whom they can consult in case of an emergency.
- At the end of your letter. Sign off with your official names and signature. It is also advisable to have a witness as you grant your authority. Let everyone present sign including the receiver.
- Lastly, remember to keep a copy of your authorization letter in case you need it in future for reference.
Sample Authorization letter
Do not miss all our letter writing guides and pdf samples
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.