Sample and how to write an official/ business acknowledgment letter: Also known as a letter of receipt, an acknowledgement letter is written to let the sender know of the reception of a given document or goods. Here is a check list on how to write a business acknowledgment letter:
How to write a business acknowledgment letter for receipt of goods
- Start your letter by providing your formal names and address details on the right corner. Remember to indicate the date right after the contact information.
- On the left side of the document/paper, write the address of the recipient while keeping their respective titles in mind such as professor, ambassador etc.
- Since you already know the person you are addressing, use proper salutation instead of the common “Sir/Madam”
- Let your subject line/ reference clearly indicate the reason for your writing. It makes it easier for the recipient to offer your acknowledgment letter the importance it
- Start your letter by letting the recipient know of the items you received by using a phrase such as, “I am writing to acknowledge…”
- Remember to indicate the necessary information about the item such as date of reception, unique codes, and shipment number. This will make it easier for the receiver of your acknowledgement letter to know if the item you received was the right one.
- Remember to thank the receiver for delivering the item on time indicating of your continue interest to work with them.
- Sign off your letter with your two official names and signature. You can also add a company seal if in hard copy.
Sample business acknowledgment letter for receipt of goods or documents
Do not miss all our updates on how to write a business acknowledgement letters and samples