The Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2018) being held in Las Vegas has seen some awesome and ambitious innovations showcased. Most phone companies have however chosen not to launch their device at the show, opting to do so later in the year. Among the few phones launched at CES 2018 are the two Sony Xperias; XA2 and XA2 Ultra.
Here are their technical specifications:
- The XA2 has a 5.2-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080×1920 pixels (424ppi).
- The XA2 Ultra has a 6.0-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080×1920 pixels (367ppi).
- Both displays have Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
OS and Processors
- Both devices run on Android 8.0 (Oreo). They are powered by an Octa-core processor (2.2GHz, ARM Cortex-A53, 64 bit, 14 nm) based on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 chipset.
- Graphics are powered by an Adreno 510 GPU.
RAM and Memory
- The XA2 comes with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage.
- The XA2 Ultra comes with 4 GB of RAM and 32/64 GB of internal storage.
- Storage on both devices can be expanded via microSD of up to 256 GB.
- Both devices have 23 MP camera (f/2.0, 24mm) with autofocus, phase detection and LED flash. It is capable of recording 2160p video at 30fps and 1080p at 30fps.
- The secondary camera is 8 MP (f2.4, ¼”).
Network and Connectivity
- Both devices support GSM, HSPA, LTE and LTE-A Cat 12 network standards.
- Connectivity is via Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi direct, hotspot. Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE. GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS. USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB Host and NFC.
- The XA2 is powered by a non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery, while the XA2 Ultra has a slightly bigger one at 3580 mAh.
- Sensors: rear-mounted fingerprint reader, light, accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity and compass.
Release and Price
Sony Xperia XA2 and XA2 Ultra devices are expected to be released sometime in February of this year. Price: TBD.