National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) now has an online portal that makes it easy for members to register and enjoy the benefits of its super covers. Below is a step by step procedure on how to register for NHIF online. Also get to know how make monthly payments via mpesa paybill for the self-employed
How to register for NHIF online
The procedure for NHIF online registration for those who are self-employed is as follows below:
- Go to: NHIF registration portal
- Click Self Employed
- Enter your National ID/Passport/Alien ID
- Fill in all other form fields.
- Attach a Scanned Copy of Your ID or passport.
- Attach Passport size Photo.
- If married, attach your spouse’s Marriage Certificate.
- Click to Confirm. Your application will be submitted if you filled all the details correctly
NHIF registration requirements
- A copy of your national ID
- A copy of your spouse’s national ID and marriage certificate where applicable
- For children over 6 months, a birth certificate is needed
- Your employers NHIF code (if you are employed)
- A colored passport photo. It is also necessary to attach passport photos of your spouse or dependents where applicable
Paying for NHIF through Mpesa paybill
Below are are steps on how to pay for NHIF contribution via Mpesa paybill.
- Choose Pay Bill option
- Enter the NHIF Business no.200222
- Enter the contributor’s national ID number as the account number
- Enter amount
- Enter your M-PESA pin and confirm the details.
A confirmation message will be sent to your phone. Did you find this guide helpful? Let us know in the comments section.
Services covered by NHIF
- Inpatient services health cover
- Outpatient services health cover
- Civil Servants schemes health cover
- Linda Mama services health cover
- NHIF Supa/Super cover
NHIF Contact Details
- NHIF phone Contacts: (020) 272 3246, 020) 272 3281/2, (020) 272 3290 OR 020 2723255
- NHIF office location in Nairobi Kenya: Use this Google map location link or go to
- nhif official website: http://www.nhif.or.ke
Do not miss all our updates on how to how to register for NHIF online and insurance maternity covers
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.