Most Kenyans have enjoyed fermented porridge at one time in their life. The meal is child friendly and a great nutritional options to sick people. Below is a procedure of how to prepare Uji.
Ingredients of of cooking Uji
- ½ a cup of millet flour
- Sugar to taste ( Optional)
- 1 teaspoonful of butter (optional)
Procedure of preparing Uji
- Pour the millet flour in a large container with a fitting lid and add two cups of water as you mix well to form a slightly thick consistent paste. Cover with the lid and place in a dry place for 2 days to ferment.
- You can now remove the top layer that would have formed, stir and set the mixture aside.
- In a sufuria pour in two large cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Pour in the fermented mixture bit by bit as you mix until you get a slightly thin consistent mixture.
- Place the fermented mixture aside and continue mixing the uji in a circular motion until you see bubbles.
- Add butter and sugar and let boil for 3 more minute.
- Remove from heat and pour into a thermos flask or container of your choice.
Your porridge is now ready and you can have it with a snack of your choice or plain. Enjoy
Do not miss all our Uji Recipes
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.
Make a decent living online by selling pdf Revision Papers, Class notes, Recipes, House Plans, templates, business plans, etc. at muthurwa.com and get paid via Mpesa.
Learn how it works →