Recipe: Most Kenyans enjoy spaghetti as a quick meal while sausages are often enjoyed as snacks. So what more could you ask for if you get a combination of the two? Try this simple recipe and put your taste buds to the test.
Ingredients of cooking Sausage spaghetti
- 50g spaghetti
- 10 rolls of beef sausages
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 large tomatoes chopped
- 4 garlic gloves grated
- ½ a cup cheese of your choice
- Cooking oil enough for frying
- Salt to taste
Procedure of how to cook Sausage spaghetti
- Separate the sphagetti sticks into equal smaller portions to get at least 5 bunches.
- Meanwhile place a frying pan with enough oil over medium heat and the place the sausages. Fry them until they are fully cooked and golden brown.
- Remove the sausages from heat and tap on a kitchen towel to get rid of excess oil. Set aside to let cool for a few minutes.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the sausages into halves and set aside.
- Now take the smaller portions of spaghetti sticks and push them through the sausage. Use at least two halves of sausages per bunch.
- Place a sufuria with enough salted water over low heat and bring to a boil. Add the sausage-spaghetti and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Fry onions in a saucepan and add garlic. Add tomatoes and let cook well.
- Pour in your cooked spaghetti and toss until everything blends in well. Sprinkle the cheese and remove from heat.
Your sausage spaghetti is now ready and can be served with a glass of cold fresh fruit juice. Enjoy!
Do not miss our latest updates on cooking Sausage spaghetti