Recipe: Chicken is a meal much appreciated by most Kenyans. Below is a procedure on how to cook Coconut chicken curry.
Ingredients of cooking Coconut chicken curry
- 1 kg chicken cut into desired pieces
- 1 spoonful of curry powder
- 1 spoonful of soy sauce
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 4 gloves of garlic grated
- 1 Cupful of coconut milk
- 4 large ripe tomatoes grated (puree)
- 1 spoonful of cimmin seeds
- 3 spoonfuls of cooking oil
- Salt to taste
Procedure of cooking Coconut chicken curry
- Place your cummin seeds into a large Sufuria or saucepan and add cooking oil. Place over medium heat and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the onions and stir for 2 more minutes then add garlic and continue frying until golden brown.
- Add curry powder to the mixture and stir for 2 minutes.
- Gently pour in the tomatoe puree and mix gently to almost a boil.
- Add soy sauce and stir well until everything blends in well.
- You can now add coconut milk bit by bit as you stir to ensure it blends in well to form a smooth sauce.(If you don’t have coconut milk, you can use coconut powder mixed with water)
- Sprinkle some salt over the mixture and mix. Bring to a boil for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces one by one as you mix to ensure everything is covered up.
- Simmer for 1 hour or until the chicken softens.
Your chicken curry is now ready and can be served hot with ugali, Chapati or rice. Enjoy!
Do not miss all our latest updates on how to cook Coconut chicken curry
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join 235k+ subscribers that receive latest education news.
Looking for the best approved TVET College in Kenya offering business, journalism, engineering, ICT, Tourism, and much more courses? Then consider joining RVIBS.
Learn more about RVIBS→