Recipe of preparing chicken stew meal the Kenyan way: Chicken stew is one meal enjoyed by most people across Kenya though the Luhya community is known for it’s undying love for this meal.There are different ways of preparing chicken but today we are going to feature chicken stew.
Ingredients of cooking Chicken stew meal
- 1/2 kg chicken sliced into pieces
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 2 large ripe tomatoes(chopped)
- 1 ginger(grated)
- 3 gloves of garlic (grated)
- 1 large onion(chopped)
- 1 green pepper(chopped)
- 2 royco beef cubes
- Salt to taste
- 2 spoonful of cooking oil
- Chicken masala (optional)
Procedure of cooking Chicken stew meal
- Place the chicken pieces into a large sufuria/saucepan and add alittle water and some salt.
- Place the mixture on medium heat and cover.Let it cook for 40 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Drain off the excess broth from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onions and oil to the chicken and stir until the onions begin to turn golden brown.
- Add garlic and stir for 2 minutes then add ginger and green pepper and mix well for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and continue mixing in between until they are tender and fully cooked.
- Add royco cubes and chicken masala and stir for two minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth you had placed aside and mix.Cover and let simmer for three minutes.Remove from heat,add coriander and cover for a minute before serving.
Chicken stew can be served with rice, ugali, mukimo,chapati and other accompaniments of your choice. Enjoy!
Do not miss all our updates on traditional ways of cooking meals in Kenya
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.
Make a decent living online by selling pdf Revision Papers, Class notes, Recipes, House Plans, templates, business plans, etc. at muthurwa.com and get paid via Mpesa.
Learn how it works →