Marinated liver recipe and how to cook: Most households in Kenya enjoy liver once in while.It’s a meal enjoyed by bith young and old due to its tenderness.However,what people don’t know is that there are so many ways to prepare this meal with alittle excitement.Try this one here today;
Ingredients of cooking Marinated liver
- 1/2 kg liver (cubed)
- 3 large ripe tomatoes grated
- 1 large fresh ginger crushed
- 4 gloves of garlic grated
- A bunch of fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1/2 a litre non flavored yoghurt/fresh milk
- 1 lemon
- 4 Royco cubes
- 2 spoonfuls cooking oil.
- Salt to taste
Procedure of preparing Marinated liver
- Pour the cubed liver into a large bowl.Add grated ginger,garlic, chopped onions,coriander leaves, squeezed lemon,Royco cubes and a pinch of salt.Mix well with your hands ensuring everything blends.
- Pour in your yoghurt or milk as you mix well until the riverbis slightly covered.Cover and place in the fridge of cool place for at least 1 hour.
- Once an hour elapses,pour some leftover onions into a Sufuria or saucepan and place on medium heat.Stir until they start turning golden brown and add sime grated garlic and mix well.
- Add all your marinade and continue mixing for 3 minutes on reduced heat to avoid it sticking on the Sufuria.
- You can now add the grated tomatoes as you stir.
- Reduce the heat and let your liver cook while checking and stirring the mixture from time to time for 15 minutes and remove from heat.
- Your liver is now ready to serve with an accompaniment of your choice.Ugali and rice make the perfect choice!
Do not miss all our updates on how to cook marinated liver
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.