Chips Masala is a sumptuous meal enjoyed by Kenyans across the board. The meal is readily available in restaurants and can also be prepared at home with this recipe.
Ingredients of cooking Chips Masala
- 1/2 kg Irish potatoes sliced
- 2 gloves of garlic grated
- 1/2 teaspoonful paparika
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1 spoonful butter
- A bunch of coriander leaves chopped
- 1/4 teaspoonfuls of mixed spices
- 3 ripe tomatoes grated (puree)
- Cooking oil for frying
- 1 lemon
Note: you can add more spices according to your liking.
Procedure of preparing Chips Masala
- Make sure the potatoes are sliced into normal chips shapes and wash them over two times to get rid of starch.
- Place the frying pan with cooking oil over heat and let get hot.
- Fry the potatoes to a crispy nature and set aside.
- Add butter to another empty pan and place over heat. Let it melt and lower heat to minimal.
- Pour in the garlic, mixed spices, green chillies, paparika and tomatoes puree and stir.
- Increase the heat slightly and add the fried potatoes and toss for 3 minutes. Squeeze the lemon over it and toss further. Your meal is now ready to serve.
Chips Masala can be served with tomatoe sauce, chilli sauce, sausages, Kachumbari and a glass of cold fresh juice. Enjoy!
Do not miss all our latest updates on how to cook Chips Masala
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.