Chips Masala is a sumptuous meal enjoyed by Kenyans across the board. The meal is readily available in restaurants and can also be prepared at home with this recipe.
Ingredients of cooking Chips Masala
- 1/2 kg Irish potatoes sliced
- 2 gloves of garlic grated
- 1/2 teaspoonful paparika
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1 spoonful butter
- A bunch of coriander leaves chopped
- 1/4 teaspoonfuls of mixed spices
- 3 ripe tomatoes grated (puree)
- Cooking oil for frying
- 1 lemon
Note: you can add more spices according to your liking.
Procedure of preparing Chips Masala
- Make sure the potatoes are sliced into normal chips shapes and wash them over two times to get rid of starch.
- Place the frying pan with cooking oil over heat and let get hot.
- Fry the potatoes to a crispy nature and set aside.
- Add butter to another empty pan and place over heat. Let it melt and lower heat to minimal.
- Pour in the garlic, mixed spices, green chillies, paparika and tomatoes puree and stir.
- Increase the heat slightly and add the fried potatoes and toss for 3 minutes. Squeeze the lemon over it and toss further. Your meal is now ready to serve.
Chips Masala can be served with tomatoe sauce, chilli sauce, sausages, Kachumbari and a glass of cold fresh juice. Enjoy!
Do not miss all our latest updates on how to cook Chips Masala