Beef Biryani Recipe: Biryani is a Swahili delicacy most popular on the coastal region of However, most high end hotels serve it to their customers across the country.
- 1/2 kg beef cubed
- 1 kg rice
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- 4 gloves of garlic grated
- 1 large ginger grated
- 2 beef cubes
- 500g Yoghurt
- 1 lemon
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoonful of mixed spices.(Cumin, Cardamom, Cinnamon,black pepper?
- 4 large ripe tomatoes grated
- 1/2 pawpaw crushed (puree)
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
- Place the meat in a large bowl and pour in half of the garlic, ginger, coriander and onions and mix well.
- Sprinkle the royco cubes, salt and mixed spices and continue mixing with your hands. Squeeze the lemon into the mixture and mix well.
- Add the yoghurt bit by bit as you mix and en the pawpaw puree. Cover and let the mixture rest overnight in the fridge or not less than 6 hours.
- In another bowl pour the rice and soak for atleast 30 minutes. Then cook under low heat.
- Place a Sufuria with oil and onions on medium heat and stir gently until the onion brown. Add the remaining garlic, ginger and mix
- Add the beef with its marinade and stir for three minutes. Pour in the tomato puree and continue stirring.
- Cover and let it cook under low heat for 15 minutes with stirs in between. Put off the heat
- Sprinkle the remaining coriander, mix and cover for two minutes.
- Scoop the cooked rice and serve with the beef at the center of the plate. Your Biryani is now ready to eat. Enjoy with Kachumbari and cold fruit juice.
Do miss all our updates on how to cook Beef Biryani Recipe
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. If you have any questions, you can ask it at Kenyayote Q&A forum and we will reply to you.