Getting Mpesa Paybill Number: Have you ever wondered how to apply for, register, obtain, get or open this Safaricom Lipa na MPESA Pay Bill number that makes businesses run so smoothly? It’s actually simpler than you may have thought, just a couple of requirements and steps. Below is an application procedure of opening safaricom‘s mpesa paybill number for your company, organization, school, charity donation or fundraising.
How to apply for Safaricom Lipa na Mpesa Paybill Number for companies
NOTE: If you are looking for a procedures on how apply for a short term paybill number check this page: Short Term Paybill Application
Before you apply for the Pay Bill number:
- Download the MPESA Pay Bill application form, fill it and sign it accordingly. Also download the document containing terms and conditions as regards to obtaining an MPESA Pay Bill number.
- Have a signed Tariff Guide
- Make a copy of the certificate of incorporation of your company and stamp it; as a form of certifying it (This for Limited Companies).
Readily have the original stamped or company sealed Board Resolution on your company’s letter head having signatories of at least two directors within 30 days stating:
- Authority to open a Pay Bill account or Transact business on behalf of the company
- Appointed persons having signatory authority and provide copies of their identification documents
- Bank details
- Nominated Safaricom Number to initiate withdrawal of funds on behalf of the company. (This is optional)
- Readily have the KRA pin certificates for your company and those of the company’s directors.
- Obtain a copy of CR12 which has a validity period of 30 days or Annual Returns with the filling receipt.
- Obtain a copy of the Utility Bill or the Business Photo to confirm existence of your Business.
- Make copies of Identification Documents of the people opening the account. These would be: copies of the National ID or Military Service Number, Passport or the Alien Certificates for Foreign Nationals.
- Obtain a cancelled cheque or a letter from your bank confirming your bank details.
Having fulfilled the above mentioned conditions and instructions, confidently walk into the Safaricom offices with the documents listed above and request to be issued a Pay Bill number. It takes about a week or two to get one.
Requirement of application for safaricom lipa na paybill number for sole proprietorship business
- Cancelled cheque or letter from Bank confirming Bank details
- Copy of Business Registration/or Business Permit
- Copy of Identification Documents of Persons Opening the account i.e .Copy of the National ID/ Military Service Number (Passport/Alien Certificate for Foreign Nationals).
- Copy of Utility Bill or Business Photo to confirm existence of the Business
- Duly filled and signed application form &Terms and conditions
- Individual or company KRA Pin (Not Mandatory)
- Signed Tariff Guide
Requirement of registering a paybill number for fundraising (for treatment, school fees, event e.t.c)
- Paybill number for fundraising do not require many documents as they are issued for a limited time and closed. You can short term paybill application guide.
MPESA Pay Bill service helps make payment transactions efficient a good deal. It is therefore prudent to seek to use it in your business or other relevant platforms, as long as you’re qualified to apply for one.
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. If you have any questions, you can ask it at Kenyayote Q&A forum and we will reply to you.