Pilau Cooking Recipe: If you live in East Africa, specifically Kenya, then you must understand what a “perfect pilau “is. Well, pilau is a famous coastal dish that is always served at ceremonies. You can either eat it alone or have it accompanied by another stew or vegetables This meal is majorly a mixture of rice and beef cooked with some specific organic spices.
The following are the steps to creating this delicacy for a serving of four:
- 3/4 kilogram of Pure Pishori rice
- 1/2 kilogram of boiled boneless beef
- 1 medium sized red onion
- 1 garlic onion
- 3 beef Royco cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 medium sized tomatoes
- Tropical Heat Pilau Masala
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 4 glasses of boiled water
- Heat the oil in a cooking pot and add the red onions to cook until brown.
- Add the garlic
- Add Pilau Masala and let it cook until it starts to smoke. At this point add the beef and let it cook for one minute.
- Next add the tomatoes and stir until it forms a thick mixture
- At this point, crush the 3 Royco cubes into the mixture and stir to ensure they are absorbed into the beef.
- Add salt to taste and then add water and let it come to a boil.
- Wash the rice and then add to the mixture and stir.
- Let it cook for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is soft.
This coastal dish can be served with kachumbari and a glass of freshly squeezed or blended orange juice
Do not miss all our latest updates on how to kenyan meals recipes!
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join 235k+ subscribers that receive latest education news.
Looking for the best approved TVET College in Kenya offering business, journalism, engineering, ICT, Tourism, and much more courses? Then consider joining RVIBS.
Learn more about RVIBS→