How to Make Banana Fritters: Can’t seem to think of what to do with your overripe bananas? Why not make some tasty banana fritters? Prepared in a matter of minutes, these treats can be served as desserts, appetizers or snacks.
This meal hails from West Africa but is a favorite in many Caribbean homes as well. The recipes may vary with some preferring milk rather than water, or fritters without eggs. This is a basic recipe that can be tweaked to suit your preference.
- 4 large overripe bananas
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Pinch of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ cup of milk
- Pinch of salt
- Mash the bananas in a bowl. You can also blend them.
- In a larger bowl, add in the mashed bananas, flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat to a smooth creamy consistency.
- Add in milk as you continue to stir until your get the consistency you desire.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Use a drop of the batter to test whether the oil is ready.
- Use a large spoon or ladle to scoop up the batter. Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Place them in plate with paper towels to soak excess oil.
- Serve while warm.
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.
Make a decent living online by selling pdf Revision Papers, Class notes, Recipes, House Plans, templates, business plans, etc. at muthurwa.com and get paid via Mpesa.
Learn how it works →
- Ensure that your oil is at the right temperature. If it is too warm then the fritters will end up soaking oil.
- If you would prefer a lighter consistency for your batter, then use 1 and a half cups of flour instead of 2.
- Your fritters do not have to be the exact same size and shape.