How to Make Banana Fritters: Can’t seem to think of what to do with your overripe bananas? Why not make some tasty banana fritters? Prepared in a matter of minutes, these treats can be served as desserts, appetizers or snacks.
This meal hails from West Africa but is a favorite in many Caribbean homes as well. The recipes may vary with some preferring milk rather than water, or fritters without eggs. This is a basic recipe that can be tweaked to suit your preference.
- 4 large overripe bananas
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Pinch of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ cup of milk
- Pinch of salt
- Mash the bananas in a bowl. You can also blend them.
- In a larger bowl, add in the mashed bananas, flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat to a smooth creamy consistency.
- Add in milk as you continue to stir until your get the consistency you desire.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Use a drop of the batter to test whether the oil is ready.
- Use a large spoon or ladle to scoop up the batter. Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Place them in plate with paper towels to soak excess oil.
- Serve while warm.
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of 235k+ members that receive latest education news.
- Ensure that your oil is at the right temperature. If it is too warm then the fritters will end up soaking oil.
- If you would prefer a lighter consistency for your batter, then use 1 and a half cups of flour instead of 2.
- Your fritters do not have to be the exact same size and shape.
Leave a Reply