The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) has provided a list of 12 countries that are eligible for diaspora voter registration ahead of the 2022 general elections in Kenya.
One of the considerations for the selection of voter registration countries was the number of Kenyan citizens in the country.
List of countries eligible for IEBC diaspora voter registration
Countries eligible for diaspora voter registration for the 2022 general elections in Kenya include:
- Burundi (Bujumbura)
- Canada (Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver)
- Germany (Berlin)
- Qatar (Doha)
- Rwanda (Kigali)
- South Africa (Pretoria)
- South Sudan (Juba)
- Tanzania (Dar-Es-Salaam and Arusha)
- UAE (Abu Dhabi and Dubai)
- Uganda (Kampala)
- United Kingdom (London)
- USA (Washington DC, New York and Los Angeles)
Requirements of diaspora voter registration
- Must have a valid Kenya passport or National ID (for those living within East African Community)
- Present identification document for registration
- Manually Fill form J
- Have your biometric and biographic data taken
Registration will take place at the Kenya embassies and consulates in the host countries.
Voter registration exercise will start on 21st January 2022 and end on 4th February 2022 (15 days).