IEBC is recruiting polling clerks, counting clerks, presiding officers, ICT, etc. for conducting the 2022 general elections in Kenya. We have provided the online application procedure and requirements below.
IEBC 2022 Recruitment and Vacancies
In preparation for the August 2022 general election in Kenya, the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) is recruiting election officials for the following temporary positions.
- Deputy County Returning Officers: 47 vacancies
- Deputy Constituency returning offices: 290 vacancies
- Presiding officers: 52481 vacancies
- Deputy Presiding officers: 52481 vacancies
- Logistics Officers: 389
- Support electoral trainers (sets): 5827
- ICT clerks: 580
- Polling Clerks and Counting Clerks: 302860
- County Based voter educators: 47
- Constituency based voter educators: 290
- Ward Based voter educators (2 per ward): 2900
The 2022 general election in Kenya will take place on August 9, 2022.
The amount that IEBC pays election officials varies depending on the position. Payments are normally issued via bank deposit.
Requirements of application
The minimum requirement for applying for IEBC 2022 election vacancies listed above are
- You must be a Kenya Citizen
- You must have an ID (over 18 years)
- ICT clerks must have experience in ICT (Information Communication Technology)
- You must fill the application form online. There are no manual forms to fill before the interview. Everything is done online as explained below
- Other requirements will depend on the specific job that you are applying for
How to apply for IEBC 2022 election jobs online
To apply for IEBC 2022 general election jobs for the position of polling/counting clerks, presiding, returning officers, voter educators, and ICT officials follow the procedure below.
- Go to IEBC iRecrutiement Portal: https://jobs.iebc.or.ke/
- Select the job title or position that you are interested in
- Enter your personal, academic, and professional qualifications
- Enter the relevant work experience details
- Select your home county, constituency, district, division, and location (as they appear on your identify card)
- Sect the county where you would prefer to work
- Then click the Apply Now button.
Note down the application reference number that will appear after successful submission. If you do not fill in all the required details, you will encounter submission errors.
The deadline for application is May 5, 2022.
IEBC will contact only shortlisted candidates.