How to write application letter and sample letters of application: There are different types of application letters. However, the formal format of writing application letters is almost the same. What differs is the content of application.
Types of application letters
- Job application letter: Normally written to request for a job. Must be accompanied by a CV.
- Attachment application letter: Written by students looking for attachment.
- Internship application letter: Written by individuals looking for internship.
- Inquiry application letter: Written to inquire about job openings.
How to write application letters: Formal format
Follow these steps;
- At the top of the application letter should be your address then followed by the address of company or receiver (Check for sample application letter here)
- There after the salutation. It should look like this (Dear Mr./Ms./Dr. LastName:)
- Reference (This is the title of the application letter) example Application for internship in the engineering department
- Opening paragraph: This paragraph should state the position you are applying to or for and how you knew of the position. It should also contain a basic introduction of who you are.
- Body paragraph: Explain why you are interested in the position you are applying for, demonstrate your understanding of the position, talk about your qualification and skills in brief as they will be contained in your CV.
- Conclusion Paragraph: State that you are ready to take the opportunity fairly. Thank the employer for her/his consideration in advance.
- Closing remarks or complimentary remarks: End your application letter as shown below
(Your handwritten signature)
Your name typed
NOTE: Sample application letter is available here
Do you need a customized cover letter to apply for attachment or job?
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of 235k+ members that receive latest education news.
Leave a Reply